At the mega event, Microsoft Connect 2018, Microsoft has unveiled Visual Studio 2019 Preview 1.
The company defines Visual Studio 2019 as, “Whether you’re new to coding or ready for your next project, Visual Studio 2019 streamlines your experience so you can get right down to focused work. You’ll find more screen space for your code and you can search for anything from one place. You can keep your code tidy with one-click code clean-up. When you’re debugging, you’ll notice better stepping performance and you’ll get search capabilities within the Autos, Locals, and Watch windows to quickly find that elusive object or value.”
The company has also shared this video to give the users an overview of the newly announced Visual Studio 2019.
As per the official announcement, the Preview 1 of VS 2019 incorporates a bunch of cool features to help developers build applications efficiently and with added functionality. Some of the top features include:
- A new Start Window that works well with modern Git repos.
- Improved UI and UX of the IDE.
- New search experience replaces the old "Quick Launch" box.
- New refactoring capabilities – such as changing for-loops to LINQ queries and converting tuples to named-structs etc.
- A new document health indicator and code clean-up functionality.
- A brand-new pull request (PR) experience that enables the users to review, run, and even debug pull requests from their team without leaving the IDE.
For a complete list of features, you can read the Release Notes Or, you can download the newly announced preview from the official website.